Thursday, 10 January 2013

Adriano Zumbo macarons

It has been a fair while since I last posted, but it sure doesn't feel like that much time has gone past. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and that you've all started off the new year with a bang! It's amazing how quickly time flies and within this time that I haven't been writing anything up on here, I've been out and about a bit. After two whole years of talking about going to Adriano Zumbo's patissiere in Balmain, we finally went. The prices have gone up, but it's been on my 'wishlist' for a long time. The store was small, but we'd heard about it, so that came as no surprise. We walked past the other delights on sale and headed for the macarons!

Of the ones they had on offer, we bought salted butter popcorn, choc dougnut, lamington, malted milkshake, choc pop, candy cane, pineapple and the salted butter caramel.
Most we took home and ate, but a salted butter popcorn zumbaron and pineapple one were devoured whilst we were still in Balmain.


Salted butter popcorn was already a favourite, having tried one from when A.C. bought them for us. This time around, we bought some for them to sample, so we didn't try candy cane, lamington and the caramel one. Can't remember much about the pineapple one, but I think the flavour was there, just not really a favourite.


Middle image (clockwise from top left): candy cane, choc pop, salted butter caramel, malted milkshake
Bottom image: salted butter popcorn

Choc pop was a disappointment - I didn't get any of those tongue-bursting pops, but maybe that was because we left it took long to eat it? It was mostly just a chocolate taste.
Choc doughnut was quite nice and not overly sweet, whilst malted milkshake was all right as well. None of them really stood out to me, but then again, I'm not exactly a food connoisseur.

We also headed to the markets and scored a few bargains, both books and clothes. It was a scorcher of a day so we sought out shade wherever possible. It must have been even worse next to the hot plate things for the women cooking up the gozleme, which wasn't too oily and had a nice spicy kick to them.






It would be nice if I lived closer to the markets, so I could pop over and browse. Next time, I'll probably dedicate a bit more time to walking around there so I'll have more of an opportunity to look at the stalls there.
Adriano Zumbo Patisserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment